Response to COVID-19 (Updated May 28)
First of all, we express our sincerest condolence to people and their families suffering from COVID-19. We truly hope for recovery of the patients.
In such a harsh environment, the company has been taking actions under the policy placing the safety of our employees, their families, and all of our stakeholders as our utmost priority.
At Topcon, approximately 80% of the employees have been implementing commuting at off-peak hours and working from home since the end of February. Now, the company has decided to de-escalate the measures effective June 1 pursuant to lifting the state of emergency in all prefectures by the Government of Japan on May 25th.
However, since it is very difficult to predict the end of COVID-19 pandemic, Topcon implements the following measures by referring to “Example of practicing ‘New Lifestyle’” proposed by the Government of Japan.
- Effectively utilize commuting at off-peak hours, flextime system, telework, and teleconference
- Change of layouts and place of partition walls at workplaces to secure social distancing with the aim of avoiding gatherings in crowded places, close contact settings and closed spaces
- Change of layouts at shared spaces such as cafeterias, meeting rooms, and showrooms, etc. to secure social distancing with the aim of avoiding gatherings in crowded places, close contact settings and closed spaces
- Place of partition walls and transparent sheets and wear face shields at manufacturing area
- Prohibit overseas business trips and refrain from domestic business trips and non-essential outings
The company strives to recover business activities while the highest priority remains the safety of various stakeholders and the prevention of the further spread of the disease.
Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.
Response to COVID-19 (Updated May 7, 2020)