Topcon Releases AT-B Series Auto LevelsThree Models Satisfy All Levels of Requirements
Topcon Corporation (TOKYO:7732)(ISIN:JP3630400004) announces the release of the new AT-B series auto levels in the Asian and Middle Eastern markets.
“Since the introduction of the first auto level AT model in 1961, Topcon has been a world leader of auto level technology for 50 years,” said Takashi Tanaka, product manager of Topcon Corporation. “Since 1990, the previous AT-G series has been the bestseller models for more than two decades. The new AT-B series sets a new standard for auto levels used in surveying, engineering and construction applications.”
The AT-B series can focus on objects at 20cm (7.9in.) in front of the telescope, while previous models provided 50cm or 1m (1.6ft. or 3.3ft.) minimum focusing distance. “This feature dramatically facilitates the works in confined spaces,” said Tanaka.
The compensator of AT-B series incorporates four suspension wires made of extremely high-tensile metal that features minimal thermal expansion coefficient, “providing unmatched durability and accuracy even in the harshest environmental conditions,” said Tanaka. “Finely tuned magnetic damping system quickly levels and stabilizes the line of sight despite the fine vibrations present when working near heavy equipment or busy roadways.”
With the IPx6 rating, the instrument is protected against powerful water jets from all directions, “meaning the AT-B series withstands a sudden shower or torrential rainfall.” Tanaka said, “The advanced protection design not only prevents water penetration, but also deters clouding or condensation inside the telescope.”
“With the AT-B series, we have streamlined the product lineup to make users’ choices as simple as possible. The three selected models will satisfy all levels of requirements from surveying to engineering, from use in open field to underground,” said Tanaka.
The three models available are:
- AT-B2: 32x magnification (40x optional), 0.7mm accuracy (0.5mm with an optional micrometer)
- AT-B3: 28x, 1.5mm accuracy
- AT-B4: 24x, 2.0mm accuracy
- (Accuracy specifications are based on 1km double-run leveling.)
Other features of AT-B series include:
- Superior telescope design provides clear and bright view
- 2-speed focus (AT-B2 model)
- Horizontal circle is covered for protection against dirt and scratching
- Optional accessories include diagonal eyepiece, 40x eyepiece (AT-B2) and optical micrometer for 0.1mm or 0.001ft. readings (AT-B2)