Basic Policy for CSR
- Topcon will locate CSR activities in the center of business and work on it intentionally in order to build, share and implement the sense of values and standards suitable for global enterprise.
- Topcon will, to the extent of our influence, support and implement the rules and regulations that are globally approved regarding Human Rights, Labor Standards, Environment and/or Anti-Corruption as declared in the Global Compact.
- Topcon will make a social contribution voluntarily and actively through developments, production, sales and services of useful products.
- Topcon will promote an environmental management through the creation of environmentally-conscious business process and through providing with environmentally-conscious products and services.
- Topcon will strive to establish CSR activities in every officer and employee's daily work and to infiltrate and establish them within global TOPCON GROUP companies.
- Topcon will acquire understanding and confidence of all the stakeholders of Topcon Group companies by providing with information actively.
Oct. 2008 Established
BCP Basic Policy
- Topcon will give priority to safety and relief of employees and their families.
- Topcon will fulfill the responsibility for supply of the goods to customers.
- Topcon will support the instauration and the restoration of the region and customers.
- Topcon will aim at an early restoration of business and minimize the adverse effects on management.
Apr. 2009 Established
Environmental Vision and Policy
To fulfill its social responsibility as a corporate group that offers products to the global market, the TOPCON Group has established its position concerning this important environmental issue and is announcing its Environmental Vision 2020, as follows.
Topcon Group Environmental Vision 2020
The Topcon Group, which regards global warming as the most important environmental issue, aims to reduce the amount of CO2 emitted by all of its Japanese sites by 25% before the end of fiscal 2020, as compared with fiscal 1990.
Overseas sites will endeavor to reduce the amount of CO2 emissions site by site accordingly.
We will promote efforts to reduce energy consumption and to conserve resources to reduce the environmental impact through the product lifecycle much more. We will work with our customers to offer products, technologies, and services that help prevent global warming, that make effective use of natural resources, and that conserve biodiversity. Also, in manufacturing, we will commit to recycling and using effectively the waste material produced from our corporate activities, including development, production and sales.
Jun. 2011 Established
Environmental Policy of Topcon Corporation and Topcon Technohouse Corporation
Recognizing that it is the basic responsibility of human beings at present to hand down "One Precious Earth" to succeeding generations with its environment in sound state, Topcon Corporation and Topcon Technohouse Corporation (hereunder:we), as the companies of manufacturing and selling the precision optical instruments, have established our Environmental Policy regarding environmental activities, based on "TOPCON WAY", Topcon Global Code of Conducts, environmental impact assessment and related statute, as follows.
- By positioning activities for environmental problems as one of the most important management issues, we will build a system and structure of environmental management, which will be joined by everyone from top management to ordinary employees, and define environmental objectives and targets for continual improvement and pollution prevention.
- Besides observing the related laws and regulations, municipal bylaws, guideline standards, agreements, and those requirements accepted by us, we will establish stricter voluntary standards and endeavor to control them so that they will be known to everyone.
- As priority items for reducing burdens on the environment and biodiversity conservation, we will set the following targets for our activities:
i. To develop environmentally conscious products, which take into account resource saving, energy saving, and material recycling.
ii. To reduce hazardous chemical substances and control chemical substances more effectively.
iii. To make efforts to reduce waste generation and improve the value of waste by using it repeatedly as a resource.
iv. To promote energy-saving activities and reduce carbon dioxide generation.
- In addition to beautifying our premises and their surroundings, we will be active in joining community activities to increase links and cooperation with our local communities.
- We will raise the morale of our employees by improving our environmental education and public relations and improve our activities for environment by having all employees participate.
- Aiming to raise the level of the entire Topcon Group, we will provide our associated companies with planned and positive guidance and support.
Feb. 1997 Established
Aug. 2011 Revised
Topcon Group's Human Resources Development Policy
- The Topcon Group provides opportunities for capacity building and self-realization to employees with various skills and character traits to help them exercise their qualities to the fullest, placing human resources as the most valuable assets.
- The Topcon Group fosters professionals and global human resources* in a planned manner.
- The Topcon Group clearly defines desired employee characteristics (behavior traits and sense of values) and shares the recognition with all employees.
- Each Topcon Group company develops human resource development systems and specific plans suitable for its own business model and scale in accordance with the Human Resources Development Policy, and communicates them to all employees for implementation.
Apr. 2010 Established
- The Topcon Group observes laws, guidelines and notifications related to the industrial safety and health.
- The Topcon Group sets goals and objectives for the following items:
i. Eradication of work-related accidents and diseases as well as reduction of risks that induce them.
ii. Maintenance and promotion of mental and physical health, which allows every employee to fully exercise his/her abilities.
- The Topcon Group contributes to the improvement of the standards for the social safety and health management by actively publicizing our efforts and accomplishments for safety and health.
Apr. 2010 Established